Associate Instructor Level 3
Founder and Head Instructor Wheelchair Jeet Kune Do
Violence against People with Disabilities and why Wheelchair JKD was developed
One in five violent crime victims with disabilities believed they were targeted due to their disability and a survey in Britain published in January 2011 stated that the number of disability hate crimes reported has risen by 75% in one year alone.
In January 2018 a survey in Britain stated that Hate crimes against people with disability have doubled in one year.
- Wheelchair user injured in “appalling” attack on the Honeybourne line
- Police hunt for teenage thugs who attacked and robbed man in wheelchair
- Reward over attack on man in wheelchair in Salisbury, Wheelchair user attacked by gang
- Wheelchair user attacked in home
- Teenage girl in wheelchair robbed and sexually assaulted in Weston-super-Mare alley
- Four men tried to tip a woman out of her wheelchair during a robbery in Bridlington