Associate Instructor Level 3
Founder and Head Instructor Wheelchair Jeet Kune Do
Colm Whooley founder and head Instructor Wheelchair Jeet Kune Do
Prior to his accident Colm trained in Kempo Karate, and boxing. Colm has have since trained with Martin O’Neill who is the head instructor at Jeet Kune Do Ireland for over 18 years.
Colm is an Associate level 3 Instructor with JKDIreland http://www.jkdireland.com/colm-whooley.html with Martin. Colm has also explored and trained in Combatives and Kali and Silat and incorporated a number of techniques into the self-defence programme for people with a disability. Recently Colm has been working with founder of Defence Lab Andy Norman to develop a Wheelchair program for Defence Lab http://defencelab.com/
Colm has trained with Andy Kimura who is the head instuctor at the Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute of Seattle and son of Taky Kimura close friend of Bruce Lee on a number of occasions. He has have also triained with Alain De Preter one of Taky Kimura’s instuctors both in Ireland and on a number of occasions and at his centre in Belgium.
More About Colm
Colm now works as an Executive and Personal growth coach www.inspirecoachingnow.com for more details.
Colm also holds qualifications in a number of sports including Advanced PADI Open Water Scuba Diver, Level 2 certificate in Kayaking
Colm has written extensively on self-defence for wheelchair users as a columnist for the UK Martial Arts Magazine Combat, the European Martial Arts Magazine Budo Blackbelt. And is a regular contributor to Irish Fighter Magazine.
And A Little More About Colm:
- Qualified as a graphic artist in advertising and marketing
- Following his accident he studied Architecture and Engineering drawing
- Diploma in Business Management DBS
- Founder and CEO of the national support organisation for people with a spinal cord injury and their families “Spinal Injuries Ireland” for 21 years.
- Member of Health Service Executive (HSE) working group Policy for a Trauma Network for Ireland
- Member of a number of Government Advisory and National Groups on disability issues
- Founding member European Spinal Cord Injuries Federation (ESCIF)